Tournament Setup and Rules:
For the tournaments, we will be doing a limited format called Two-Pack Sealed—Turbo Mode. We will be using cards from the most current set:
Here’s a brief run down of the format:
1) At the beginning of each tournament, every player gets 4 Transformers War For Cybertron Siege 1 sealed packs.
Players will then be matched up in pairs to battle for 3 rounds (it will be best out of 3 to advance).
2) Before playing the first game, each player will open 2 of their sealed packs and choose 1 Large Character Card and 1 Small Character Card to play with. Choose carefully as these will be the cards used for the remainder of the tournament.
3) Once character cards are chosen, put the remaining 2 character cards away and open, then shuffle the battle cards from the 2 opened packs together to form a 14-card deck.
4) This is now the deck that each player will use for the remainder of the tournament.
5) Mulligan Option: If a player is unhappy with the deck that they have at the beginning, they have the option of putting away all cards from the first 2 opened packs away and opening the 2 additional packs received at the beginning of the tournament to create a new mulligan deck. Once the cards are opened from the remaining mulligan packs, a player cannot revert back to their original opened packs that they put away already for the remainder of the tournament.
That’s it! Each player is now ready to play after they follow those steps. For the full official rules and full game play rules please see Turbo Format on the official page:
And for new players, full details of general game rules and dynamics can be found here:
All tournaments will take place in South Studio 3.
Please note that tournaments may be delayed or cancelled if any of the time slots do not have a minimum number of players needed to start the tournament.
Fri July 12th (7pm – 10pm)
Sat July 13th (1pm – 4pm)
Sat July 13th (6pm – 9pm)
Sun July 14th (9am – 12pm)
Sun July 14th (1pm – 4pm)
Open Play Room Hours:
All open play will take place in South Studio 1.
Sat July 13th (8am – 6pm)
Sun July 14th (9am – 4pm)
Grand prizes will be chosen by the tournament organizers and awarded per tournament. Winners of each tournament will have the ability to choose prizes from the chosen prize pools in order of tournament standings from 1st to 3rd place.
The cost to enter each tournament is $30 and will include all the sealed card packs you need to play (you will not need to bring your own sets). Seating is limited, so make sure you show up early to sign up. You must be an attendee at TFcon and have a wristband in order to take part (wristband for TFcon sold at the door or in advance at https://www.tfcon.ca/tickets).